How Can I help You?
I am drawn to this work because it is as effective at removing present discomfort as it is at preventing future health problems. I strive to create an experience of embodiment through the eyes of the natural world, to allow my patients to be who they truly are and to feel the freedom that comes with it.
Adam Broder received his Bachelor of Science in finance from the University of Illinois in 2001. After some time working in the corporate insurance field he completed an intro-intensive course in western herbalism with Jim McDonald and a 715-hour Shiatsu certification at Zen Shiatsu Chicago, and traveled to Nicaragua with the group Natural Doctors International, all in 2012. The next year he enrolled in the Masters program at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (now Pacific College of Health and Science) and in 2016 he transferred to Southwest Acupuncture College in Santa Fe, NM where he received his degree the next year. His studies have continued with Sharon Weizenbaum as part of her White Pine Healing Arts Graduate Mentorship Program; Toby Daly and the Qiological community; and Matt Callison with Sports Medicine Acupuncture.
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science and Finance at University of Illinois (2001)
- Western herbalism with Jim McDonald
- Shiatsu massage at Zen Shiatsu Chicago
- Masters level program on East Asian medicine at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine that includes both acupuncture and herbal formulation
- Graduated 2017 Southwest Acupuncture College in Santa Fe, NM.
- Graduate Mentorship Program with White Pine Healing Arts (current enrollment)